3 Ways To Use Facebook And Your Restaurant Website Together
It’s very clear to us that Facebook isn’t going to go away anytime soon. It’s not just a MySpace 2.0. So, just a quick preface: If you don’t have a Facebook page for your restaurant you need to get one now! Please go sign up immediately. Once you have your Facebook page, you have to ask yourself: “Is my Facebook page integrated with my Website that way it should be?”
In today’s article, we’ll go over 3 Ways To Use Facebook and Your Restaurant Website together.
You want to make sure your brand is consistent all throughout your marketing/online presence. Why does this matter? It’s simple, you want to be remembered! Let’s think about this. When a person goes on Facebook, they are swamped with a ton of distractions. Cat videos, baby pics, cookouts, from all types of friends, organizations, and companies! Your brand needs to be consistent for IF/when you have another interaction with the prospective client. Your restaurant brand logo, colors, and messaging all need to be on the same page. This is how you increase the chances of being recognized or remembered by a potential new customer.
The moral of the story is simple: The look and feel of your Facebook and restaurant’s website need to be consistent with each other. This is a major key! How is this accomplished?
- Your restaurant logo. Be sure to use the best format for your logo in each location. For your Facebook, you want to use a square format. For your restaurant website, the format should be a compressed .png file. On your Facebook page, you should use your logo as your Profile Picture. This helps your restaurant brand gain more recognition more quickly. The logo on your website should be located at the very top of the page. Again, to gain quick brand recognition for your restaurant
- Your restaurant colors. It is very important that you are using CONSISTENT colors throughout your online presence for your restaurant. You aren’t able to change the default Facebook Blue but you have options. You can create a banner image by using a website like Canva (canva.com). This allows you to add your restaurant’s own style and feel to the Facebook page. When you are deciding on the colors to use, consider a few things: Your restaurant menu, your restaurant décor, your restaurant advertising, etc.
How To Install a Facebook Like Box on Your Restaurant Website
The sidebar of your website can prove to be very useful. You can use this area to include a Facebook Like Box. Using a Facebook Like Box is a very beneficial practice to get your restaurant website and Facebook page to work together.
You may be wondering what a Facebook Like Box Is…
This is like having “to-go” sized Facebook page on your restaurant website. This is a huge benefit because it allows a visitor to your restaurant’s website to get an inside look of your restaurant. For example, if a person clicks on your website from Groupon. They will go to your website and your Facebook Like Box gives them an inside look of the restaurant vibe.
A great feature of having the Facebook Like box on your website is being able to give your restaurant website visitors the chance to get a better look at your restaurant. Visitors are also able to see if any of their friends also like your restaurant. This is one of the best ways to get more customers for your restaurant too. If a person sees’s that their friends also like your restaurant, they are more likely to want to come in for a visit.
How to add a Facebook Like Box to your website:
- Log into Facebook and go to this page to create your Like Box.
- Adjust the settings to fit your needs, then generate the embed code.
- Add the code to your website, where you want the Facebook Like Box to display. If your website is managed using WordPress, follow these steps:
- Log into your dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Add a “Text” widget to your sidebar.
- Paste the Facebook Like Box code (all of it) into the body of this Text widget, and Save.
Add Facebook Like Buttons to Your Restaurant Menu
Bonus Tip: Give your restaurant customers a way to promote their favorite items. Your restaurant’s menu should include “Like” Buttons on it. This gives your customers the chance to really help you increase sales.
The cool thing is, you can put a Facebook Like button anywhere on your website! You can have a Facebook Like button on multiple pages of your restaurant website. Some good places to consider installing a Facebook Like button are:
- Your homepage
- Your Blog Posts
- The About Us Page
- The Contact Us Page
Here are some tips to help you get it done:
- Use this link from Facebook to manually add a Facebook Like button to your website: How to Create a Facebook Like Button
- Use the Plugin: ShareThis
- Have a QuickPro walk you through the process.
If you have any questions about how to use Facebook and your restaurant website together, feel free to contact us. QuickPro Digital Marketing is a digital marketing service provider. Our only area of focus is the restaurant and bar industries.